1. The temperature is different. Usually the use range of silicon carbon rod is about 1000-1450 degrees. The new hot bending process of silicon molybdenum rods can now reach temperatures of more than 1900 degrees.
2. Different uses. Silicon carbon rods are commonly used in small chamber electric furnaces, experimental electric furnaces, and muffle furnaces. Large muffle furnaces, chamber furnaces, tube furnaces, ceramics, magnetic materials, glass, metallurgy, refractories and other industries need to use silicon-molybdenum rods.
3. The materials are different. Molybdenum silicon rod is a resistance heating element based on molybdenum disilicide. A rod-shaped non-metallic high-temperature electric heating element made of high-purity green hexagonal silicon carbide as the main raw material, recrystallized by high-temperature silicification at 2200 °C, and recrystallized by high-temperature siliconization at 2200°C.
4. Look at the appearance. The new process technology of hot bending of silicon molybdenum rod can theoretically be made into any shape and can be customized according to customer requirements. The carbon rod and the molybdenum rod are the same shape, and the slim and delicate one is definitely the molybdenum rod.
5. Different appearance. The surface of the silicomolybdenum rod is smooth, the cold section is half thicker than the hot end, and the silicon-molybdenum rod is solid. The welding marks of the contact surface with the silicon carbon rod are obvious. And hollow.